Moving Rates and Information
- The moving industry has "peak" and "non-peak" seasons. The peak season for movers is during the summer. Also the beginning and the end of the month are extra busy for movers.
- Call or e-mail Ray the Mover to set up a visual survey-moving estimate, where a relocation consultant will come to your home. The relocation consultant will prepare an estimate in writing and submit it to you. This method can be more accurate than an over the phone quote.
- Decide what items you will be shipping and which items you will be discarding. Walk through the entire house, from attic to basement, prior to meeting with your relocation consultant. It is important to show your relocation consultant everything you plan on taking, it will provide for a more accurate estimate.
- Review your floor plan so you can tell the movers where to place your furniture, etc. Make yourself available for the movers, they will be moving rapidly in and out of the house, and will have questions as to where certain boxes and appliances will go.
- If you cannot be at your home while the van is being unloaded be sure to authorize a representative to accept delivery and pay the charges for you.
- By signing the inventory sheet, you are acknowledging the receipt of all items listed. Document any loss or damage on the inventory sheet and report this to the Ray the Mover agent at destination, immediately.
- All moving charges are based on the actual weight of your shipments, as well as the actual number of boxes packed by Ray the Mover, (only if packing is required).
- Payment is required upon delivery in cash, money order, or certified bank check. Personal checks are NOT accepted. Unless other arrangements were made in advance you are expected to pay upon delivery.
- Ray the Mover will automatically provide you with .60 cents per pound per article insurance at no charge to you. You can also take additional replacement insurance. (See relocation consultant for a description and charges).
Local, Long Distance and International Moving Company
Low cost, reputable, reliable, experienced movers with flexible scheduling. Licensed warehouse storage, distribution, packing supplies, commercial, residential, packing services, residential and office Relocation with Automobiles and Crating services