Moving rates are calculated based off the season (peak or off-peak), your personal belongings, and the distance of your move. Peak season is typically the summer, which is the busiest for moving companies, but can sometimes include dates at the very beginning and very end of the month. Once you decide when you are moving the process for determining the rate is as follows.
- When you call or email Ray the Mover you will set up a free estimate, either via an in-home consultation or through one of our touch-free estimate options (phone, video survey, etc.).
- The survey must include everything you plan to take with you. You can sell, donate, or throw away any items not included in your move.
- You will receive an inventory sheet which is an itemized list of your belongings which you will need to sign.
- Interstate moving charges are based on the weight of your shipments and the total number of boxes.
- Ray the Mover will automatically provide you with $0.60 per pound per article valuation at no cost to you.