Moving to another state or region can feel like an overwhelming task. When you hire Ray the Mover to be your long distance movers you can rest assured that all the planning and details with be handled with care.
When you contact us with your long distance moving plans, we will assign an experienced move consultant to work with you every step of the way. They will spearhead your moving plan and keep you clued in throughout the planning process.
Long Distance Moving Made Easy
As a proud agent of Allied Van Lines, we have the resources of one of the most trusted interstate moving companies in the country. Allied oversees more than 50,000 moves per year and knows how to plan and execute all aspects of a complex long distance move.
Ray the Mover is an agent for Allied Van Lines and therefore is well equipped to handle long distance moves of any kind, size, and scope.
Benefits of Hiring Trusted Manchester Movers
- Over 80 years of expertise and quality moving service
- Professional team of hard-working movers
- Door-to-door relocation service
- Precise planning and execution of detailed moves
- Household and warehouse storage options
- Free and accurate move estimates
- Virtual move survey option
- Affordable long distance moving rates
- Packing boxes and supplies for sale if needed
Long Distance Move Storage Options
Should you need to store some or all of your belongings temporarily or for a long period of time, we can help you with that too. Ray the Mover can offer a variety of warehousing or storage options for you to choose from.
Contact us at 800-321-7170 to get a free long distance move quote and learn how Ray the Mover can deliver a stress-free move.
“We can relocate your family or your business, around the corner or around the world!!
The Name Your Know – Locally Trusted Manchester Moving Company
Our Moving Credentials
Frequently Asked Questions on Long Distance Moving
Long-distance moving is another animal unto itself, but there are a couple of things you can do to prepare:
- Make a plan as soon as you know you’re moving with your moving date and everything you need to accomplish beforehand.
- Stay on schedule – if you need one, the internet has plenty
- Hire a reputable moving company to help with the process.
- Update important documents such as your ID.
- Make an inventory list.
- Always pack an essentials bag to last a couple of days when you leave your home.
As attached as we get to our belongings, not everything can move with us as we relocate cross-country. Certain items cannot get brought along, mostly for safety:
- Ammonia – such as nail polish remover
- Lighter oil
- Gasoline or kerosene
- Propane tanks
These are items you’ll need to purchase at your destination.
Whether you take a more DIY approach or hire a long-distance moving company, moving long-distance will prove an expensive adventure. Here are some things you can do to minimize the cost:
- Sell or donate your items.
- Find free packing supplies
- Choose a cheaper moving date, such as a day of the week
- Ship some of your belongings.
- See if your company will pay for the move
A long-distance move is priced based on the weight of your belongings, the rest will be determined based on the services you purchase along with the move and how far you are moving away. You will need to take care of your own travel arrangements, especially if you’re moving cross-country, but your movers will help transport all of your belongings to your new home based on a prescribed period of time and meet you at your home.
Some of your heaviest items are the ones that are not worth moving, such as workout equipment. A long-distance move is priced based on the total weight of items getting packed, which means the lighter the move, the cheaper the move.